Saturday, April 26, 2008

to retain such buoyancy

oh and He knew we would need others.
such a state i am in that i need the inner-workings of another person's mind.
i will be reading this book. and after reading the first page, i know it is going to take me a long time. 
"oh, Lord, you know me. better than i know me. captivate every particle of me."

----------

"Oh, doubters, let's go down... let's go down, won't you come on down?
Oh, doubters, let's go down... down to the river to pray.
'Oh, but I'm so small I can barely be seen... how can this great love be inside of me?'
Look at your eyes.... they're small in size, but they see enormous things.

................

Oh, pretenders, let's go down... let's go down, won't you come on down?
Oh, pretenders, let's go down... down to the river to pray.
'Oh, but I'm so afraid' or 'I'm set in my ways'
But He'll make the rabbits and rocks sing His praise.
'Oh, but I'm too tired, I won't last long.'
No, He'll use the weak to overcome the strong!

................

So if you'd care to come along, we're gonna curb all our never-ending, clever complaining,
As who's ever heard of a singer criticized by his song?
Though we hunger, though all that we eat brings us little relief,
We don't know quite what else to do;
We have all our beliefs, but we don't want our beliefs...
God of Peace, we want You."

1 comment:

I'm Kelsie said...

i enjoy your blogs, and it's been a while- i'm ready for a new one, pleeeease...