i left.
and now i'm back.
there is a wise woman i know that explained to me something from a book i want to read.
"why would we want to love our neighbors as ourselves?! if we loved our neighbors as ourselves, we would treat them like crap, tell them they are fat, ugly and will never live up to the high standards we set for them."
ouch. i'd like to stick a proverbial fork in me and declare that i am done.
my head knows all the right answers, but my heart does not tend to want to listen.
"But he replied, "My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am. Yes, I am glad to be weak or insulted or mistreated or to have troubles and sufferings, if it is for Christ. Because when I am weak, I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
easier said than done?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes. much easier.
Post a Comment